View Single Post
Binkybobo 12:32 PM 02-14-2013
Originally Posted by Kaddidle Care:
I applaud you! I don't think many could turn their lives around in 3 short months but you've proven it's possible.

Where I now work we have a small food bank and the people that give the most are the people that have been in your shoes. One thing you might consider instead of lugging all of that food to your food bank every week is to purchase one or two $10.00 grocery gift cards. We keep them on hand as it's just enough to buy milk, eggs, bread or some meat - things we can't store.

I can usually get a vibe from people and I've yet to detect anyone that wasn't clearly in need. If they are taking advantage, they'll have to settle it with the big man upstairs.

Sorry - I've gotten off track here.
Here they have bags already prepared for the food bank at the grocery store. I just pay for the prebagged groceries,and the store donates them to the charity. Personally, I was embarrassed to walk into the pantry each week. At the time I needed the help and was very greatful. I think the support given to me by the charity, the deadline,and my own need for independence were the things that sped up the process for me.