View Single Post
Hunni Bee 07:29 AM 03-02-2013
Originally Posted by JenNJ:
I do think he is referring more to centers. I was shocked at center costs in comparison for what is considered quality care. When I taught it was me and a high school dropout with 26 preschoolers. Parents paying $285 per week plus food for a terrible ratio. Our owners were literally millionares and cut somany corners. It made me angry.

Every child deserves more caregivers who are educated. It isn't about who can afford it, it is not the child's fault their parents don't have money.
that's what I figure. Anyone who has worked in a center (not bashing anyone) has looked around at least once and said "and tuition dollars are paying for what exactly?" Some parents literally never thought about taking their children to a home daycare, and others are wooed by the "early childhood education" thing.

I have not done one thing in my six years of working in childcare centers that cannot be done in an FCC. To me, it should be about defining what quality actually is, not what it "looks like" or how much money it costs.