View Single Post
My3cents 10:27 AM 03-08-2013
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I disagree with anything forced upon families.

If a parent decides to place their child in federally funded public preschool at 3-4 years of age that is what they should get.

If a parent decides they want their child in a private home childcare environment (like mine) then that should be what they get.

Forcing me to function like the federally funded public preschool, against my will, in my private home is a huge problem.

I should have the right to offer the services I choose. Parents should have the right to choose what services they want for their child.
I agree with you but, parents will choose free before they pay out and will put most of us out of business. I feel it won't stop at 4- before you know it, parents will have what educational nursery they want for the unborn child set up and ready while in the thought process of getting pregnant. Today it takes two parents working to make ends meet. Free trumps having to pay out. If not more kids would be home schooled.

As a tax payer I don't want to see my taxes go up anymore. I don't want more programs added. I would like to see programs decreased and more job creation for the average Joe. Jobs that high school students that graduate can go into and make an ok wage. I would like to see true welfare reform before I see Pre-k.