View Single Post
tenderhearts 02:34 PM 10-29-2010
I posted a few days ago about a 4 yr old dcg that I have had since she was about 7 mo. old. In the last few months she has become very mean, rude and pouty to everyone. She never wants anyone to play with her but the gets very pouty and mad when she asks others if she can play with them and they say no, I dont' blame them one bit, then she gets mad and then will call them rude ect. I've tried telling her that when she's never nice to them then maybe that's why they don't want to play with her. I try talking to her about being a "friend" and she just puts on this pouty face ALL the time. So today we did a halloween craft and we were going to do a picture with all the kids when we were done. Everyone is smiling for the picture and she is literally pouting, hands up to her face, I said what's wrong? she said I don't want to smile. So I said well then why don't you just get out of the picture, so she sits out poutying and one of the other girls asked her why she wasn't happy and she just made this mean face at her so I said well maybe you need some more "quiet time" and put her back in "quiet time" for her to rest more. Is this normal for a 4 yr old girl? I've never had a girl act like this in my care even my own daughter. How would you handle this, just ignore it? It's so irritating looking at someone who is pouting for absolutley no reason, it ruins it for everyone else.
Any thoughts on what to do??? I've mentioned to dad how she's been acting towards her friends and he talks with her but it's been alot in the last couple months. I don't want to term her, she's been with me for 4 years, she will only be with me through the end of next summer anyways.