View Single Post
Mom2Two 11:40 AM 03-18-2019
Originally Posted by Jupadia:
I'm confused how do you know that the provider is being a horrible person, as far as we know the only thing they have done is have what most of us consider a long notice period that was played out in her contract that the parent signed. I dont know what she did to make you think she was horrible. The op may not want to recomend the provider to friends because they dont like the notice period. But to suggest that they threaten with a bad review is going over board in my mind. Read what you sign.
There's an "if" in what I wrote. Double-checked just now...and yes, it's there.

I absolutely do not know what the situation is. All I'm really trying to say is that "if" the OP is in a truly difficult, unforeseeable situation, I would hope the that the provider would be understanding if at all possible.

It's not out of the realm of possibility to me that the provider has a problem. I've read some odd and overly lengthy contracts that are out there. But, I don't know. Family daycare isn't always going to be an efficient market, meaning that if they are sparsely dispersed in OP's area, the market won't self-correct as well as it might in another area with more competition. There might be outliers with funny practices.

I'm probably going to let this thread drop at this point. I'm starting to feel like I'm trying to over-explain.