View Single Post
jokalima 04:13 PM 06-01-2012
IDK, I think it depends on what Home Day Care is it.

I don't consider myself a baby sitter. One of my girls learned to write her name @ age 3-1/2, knows her #'s in English and Spanish, knows her shapes and now she is 4 and she and the other 3 year old are learning about more advanced shapes, my toddlers see me practicing this shapes with the girls so they are learning them to. The 2 of them, the 4 and 3 year old know the shape of the stop sign (octagon), know the letters STOP means stop, know the alphabet, know to take turns, to consider the feelings of other friends, they are not Hispanic and they understand and speak Spanish. They are independent, when Mom brought them, the older one had just turned 3 and she was not potty trained, did not know how to put shoes on, pants etc.. Before summer was done she did this things by herself, her sister learn all of this before turning 3 , still working on poopie in toilet .

The younger one learned how to spell her name@ 2 1/2, when exposed to situations where they interact with other kids they handle it very well, my point? I am not a baby sitter, I worked in and infant room, toddler room and preschool and I provide my kids with a day full of routines and activities.

The only difference between here and a preschool in the # of kids and IDK if that necessarily makes a difference, see, I am old school and I think kids should be with mothers @ least until they start school, meaning Kinder. I made the decision to quit DC center for several reasons but one of them , the most important; is to be with my child for the first 5 years of his life. Parents miss on so many things, I know it by experience, I've seen parents crying because they missed their baby's first step, I just don't want to be in that group.