View Single Post
Rockgirl 01:01 PM 08-09-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Reading comments like this on the internet while dealing with a lack of napping with my toddler made me think he just had to nap...and it made my son miserable. I spent 2 hours a day coaxing my 18 month old down for a nap, then again the same thing at bedtime. We've always had a steady routine, etc. When I eventually decided maybe he doesn't need the sleep everyone else seems to need, and just let nap time go, he was instantly in a much better mood. Life was better for all of us.
Few people I encounter have kids with as little nap needs as my kids, so I see why it's hard to understand - some kids just don't need much sleep.

Kids have different needs, and the best child care will adapt for the children that they have in their care.

True--kids do have different needs. You, as the parent, have the responsibility to find a childcare program that meets the needs of your child.

ETA: In my state, rest time is mandatory for a minimum of one hour for all children not yet enrolled in school. It's not an option to just not lay down a 2 yr old at all.