Thread: Bottle Rot
View Single Post
daycarediva 10:26 AM 11-12-2015
Is it just me, or is this becoming more common?

A dcb who recently aged out had to have 8 veneers because of it. Mom said it was hereditary, but the child always had a sugary drink with him, even before 2 he was given slushies, soda, etc.

I have a 3yo girl who has been here for over a year. Very educated parents, and dcg doesn't own a toothbrush! I have even given them out to the kids (dental health awareness/lesson plan related). Their pediatrician just recommended that she see a dentist at her physical, he noted it on the form. They are not following through. The rot is visible on the top of her incisors when she smiles.

Twin 3yo's, the rot is visible on their upper molars- they go to bed with full bottles of milk still. (which is a completely different story).

newer child-almost 2. She was refusing to brush her teeth (or even open her mouth) and mom said "She doesn't like it so we stopped trying."

I brush teeth after meals here. Always have. I am not required to, the kids really love it though. Even the almost 2yo enjoys it now and opens her mouth. When I informed her mom I got a "NO WAY, she won't be that good for me."