View Single Post
Blackcat31 10:05 AM 06-15-2018
Originally Posted by Country Kids:

For my two that have a disability, I'm allowed to serve goat and almond milk with no issues as long as I have a note.
This is not entirely true. Goat's milk is not an equivalent substitute for cows milk as far as I've ever read or been told. Even with a disability the doctor is required to list an acceptable substitute if the child's unable to have cows milk. However, I do believe almond, rice, coconut milk or whole, reduced fat (2%), lactose free whole or lactose free 2% cow’s milk.

"Fluid milk substitutes may be served in lieu of fluid milk due to medical or other special dietary needs which are not a disability, such as lactose intolerance. Fluid milk substitutes must be nutritionally equivalent to milk and meet the nutritional standards for fortification of calcium, protein, vitamin A, vitamin D, and other nutrients".

Originally Posted by Country Kids:
Are you allowed to serve any type of milk with a doctors note?
No, only milk substitutes meeting the USDA criteria for milk substitutes can be used for reimbursable meals. If a fluid milk substitution is served that is not on the official list, the meal is not reimbursable on the CACFP even with a doctors statement.