View Single Post
Ariana 10:55 AM 04-27-2012
Originally Posted by littlemissmuffet:
I don't know... I don't feel sorry for parents - when you choose to have children, you choose to give up certain things. I know it is their anniversary, but honestly, most people are lucky to be able to go out for dinner kid-free for their anniversary... kwim? I think it's great you want to help, but at the same time - it isn't your responsibility to be the daycare provider and the babysitter.

Her mom could watch the kids but DCM doesn't like how messy here house is? Seriously? Beggars can't be choosers.

Your husband's not going to be happy? I don't let daycare stuff interfere with my personal life on any level... that right there would cause me to say "nope, sorry."

I don't mean to sound harsh, but I happily do more than enough 50+ hours a week for my DCFs and even thinking about anything more makes cranky.
I completely agree with this!! We don't have family around either so we just don't go to Vegas

At the very least her week away should be of YOUR choosing not hers. You could say "I'm available the weekof August 6th but that's it" kwim? I think she's asking a lot.