View Single Post
Lucy 12:12 PM 05-07-2013
I realize things got a bit muddled here, but I'd like to clarify that I wasn't suggesting that anyone's secret identity would be TOLD to anyone. Not in any way, shape, or form. My only thing was on that "other" thread where it kept getting drilled that "we have voodoo powers", "we know who you are", "yes, we can see IP numbers and figure out your identity" -- all with a winky winky behind it. And then a brief description how they can do some sleuthing and FIGURE OUT who you are. It just hit me as kind of "well, la dee da, who cares". It was just that it was repeated several times like bragging or something. It came off (to ME) like the Anonymous person would be embarrassed to discover that she tried to conceal her identity, but a select group of people were peering behind her mask. That's all. I'm not in any way suggesting something untoward happens here. I just don't think it needs to be TALKED about over and over. Actually, not at all IMO.

I'm a mod on another board, so I do know that we can see IP's. I just wouldn't say what (to ME) amounts to "Ha, ha!! I know who you are!!! Neener neener!!!"

Again, that's just how it came off TO ME. I wasn't trying to stir anything up in the least. And I'm also not in any way concerned about people knowing who I am. I've never posted anonymously, but even if I did, I don't care if a few people know who I am. Just don't keep saying you know who I am. It makes others curious, and starts a whole side drama (like this thread lol), and I would not doubt that some members would PM a mod and ask her to reveal the secret. It's just silly to me. That's all.

Now carry on. All is well.