View Single Post
Blackcat31 06:18 AM 02-07-2017
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
Hi Everyone, I need some major help on editing my policy page that I have parent sign. I have attached what I have now. I have that I'm open 7:30 to 5:15, but I do have 2 people that their schedule changed and they are now coming at like 5:16/5:17. I'm wondering if I should change that part to 5:20 and anything past that is late. I also want to re-word the part that states that the rates are for holding the spot, not for attendance. I do charge for holidays if they fall on their normally scheduled day, but some just don't get that or don't want to. Am I wording it clearly enough? Should I make them bullet points instead of putting it all in a paragraph? Wondering if it gets lost that way. Another big thing is late fee for paying late. I have 1 family in particular that oh geez forgets her checkbook quite often. They all pay biweekly. How can I word that so it looks strong and how much would I charge? Thank you all so much!
I would definitely simplify the points you are trying to make. Bullet points makes it easy to read too...

Then the ONLY way to make sure these rules are followed is to enforce the consequences you have in place for them.

I ALWAYS add the late fee to late payments and explain to parents that it's automatic (via the accounting software I use) so asking me to waive it will do them no good.

Encourage parents to use their cell phones or buy an atomic clock to put near your sign in/out area....then they KNOW when they are late.....even if it's just a minute Late IS late.

When Mrs Jones says "Oh shoot I forgot my check book again!"
You say "Oh bummer, why don't you run to the bank real quick and get cash. That will save you the automatic $30 late fee."

Other than that, that's all I got.