View Single Post
Blackcat31 10:58 AM 05-12-2016
Originally Posted by VacationLand Daycare:
Hi Everyone! My daycare unfortunately just lost our only full time family and the loss of income was a shock. DCM unexpectedly had to leave the state and won't be coming back.

Anyway, I was wondering how everyone advertises to get new families to come check out your daycare? I feel like I am advertising in every way I can, but still get hardly any people to come check us out.

Some information about where I advertise: Craigslist, Facebook Groups, Business Facebook, Website, and Local Bulletin Boards

I always put our full time rate in the ads because we are the lowest price I've seen in our area. I also add pictures of the daycare set up. I get many comments about how nice our set up is, but hardly any follow though.

Any advice on new places to advertise? Or new ways to get families attention?

I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone else handles advertising!
When I first opened and was trying to establish a reputation in my community, I tried all the methods you listed above.

Now that I have been in business for many years, I no longer advertise and simply get new clients through word of mouth from current clients. They also keep my wait list FULL.

I'd continue trying Facebook, Craig's List and local business bulletin boards. Also spread the word....have your current clients tell others...I'd also consider offering a referral discount for any new families you gain from current families.

Word of warning when dealing with referral bonuses though is make sure the family that is new stays for X amount of time before giving the current family any kind of "bonus" for the referral.