View Single Post
Whatever17 11:16 AM 05-12-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
IF I were to give a referral bonus, I would do NO more than what is equal to a day's fee per child.

If current family refers a family with 3 kids, I'd give the current family ($35 x 3) but ONLY AFTER the new family stays a minimum of 60 days.

I'd also consider maybe giving sign in bonuses...if there is lots of competition for child care kids in your area... Maybe 25% off a week of care (AFTER the trial period) etc.

I don't know, I'm lucky in that there is a huge need for care here so families looking are usually pretty serious since it's hard to find space.

I wouldn't give out too many discounts or bonuses though as that's just giving your services away but I'd absolutely consider doing something like that though (if its tough to get kids) just to get your name out there and make others notice you!
Unfortunately, My area is the exact opposite if yours! We are over saturated with home daycare's, with 15-20 in a 3 mile radius. Not all of them advertise, though. We seem to be the one that advertises the most!

I like the idea of the referral bonus being given after the new family is with us a while. Thanks for your help!