View Single Post
Leigh 10:47 AM 10-08-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Im sorry, but as a mother, all Im seeing you ladies talk about on here is dollar signs...Just as in Doctors, its all about the money, since when did actually enjoying and taking care of children because you want to, and get the benefits of it turn to dollar signs.... Pretty fricken SAD! Hence why my child was pulled from an in-home DayCare... You talking about not getting anything from it??? How sad for your families you take care of...
Enjoy your career Ladies..........

I realize that this is a years old thread, however, to the person that posted this quote above: Would YOU work for free? It is most certainly NOT for the money that **I** do this, but for the opportunity to spend my days with laughing children. However, I do not and will not work for free...my mortgage is due every month, and so is the payment from the daycare parents. There is no excuse AT ALL to use my services and not pay for it. Period.

I don't speak for all of us, but I took a HUGE paycut (60%) to quit my job and open a daycare. I did this because it makes me happy, and it is good for my family. Money is MORE important now than before because I make so little of it (about 30% of what I make pre-tax goes into caring for these kids).

Exactly what ARE you implying here? That we should take care of strangers' kids for free because we have nothing better to do, or because a parent gets mad at us and doesn't WANT to pay? I am held to the contracts that I sign, and I will hold my clients to the same standards without ever apologizing for it.