View Single Post
sleepinghart 07:51 AM 06-16-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Hello, I wanted to share the rest of the story, as they say.

I took the high road by letting my former daycare provider know that we appreciated her efforts this year and liked being her clients, and should her circumstances ever change to let us know as we would love to return. I didn't bring up the fact of her mistreating my son, nor did I share how backwards her views are (when she made the comment about my son wearing nail polish she had indicated it was because of what's "been in the news," being too controversial, as if any of that matters to little kids!). Her transphobia is a bit dated, and the stick up her rear is not something we want our kids influenced by.

I found new arrangements with a lady who actually sounded excited to have my kids in her care! Who actually didn't seem to need to be coaxed with more pay to take us!! Who I think is actually a nice person, and not someone who only wants the "easy" kids. On top of that, her house is actually slightly closer to mine and is on my drive home!!! At any rate, this will be our last year of this carousel and I'm thrilled!!!!

I appreciate daycare providers everywhere and I don't regret paying extra this past year. My kids have been attending a summer camp this month and the teacher told me, "You have some great kids." It meant so much I almost cried. My parenting can't be that bad if a teacher is telling me that.

Looking back, I think that my former daycare provider was a depressed person. It was the first thing that entered my mind when I first met her, and in hindsight I can see I was spot on in that assessment.
(OP quote)"I didn't bring up the fact of her mistreating my son, nor did I share how backwards her views are..."(end quote)

~I imagine not. ^^After all, that would've been kinda hard to do^^ while at the same time practically begging her to take you back.