View Single Post
mac60 06:12 AM 01-22-2010
Here in my town, the busses are ran and supplied by the school system. The school system, not the daycare providers, has the say in how things are done. Here we feel fortunate that the buses will even work with parents/providers for dropoff/pick up. Sometimes they are witchy about things.

Yesterday morning in the Toledo, OH area, a 15 yr old girl was hit and killed by a woman driving an SUV. The bus had stopped, all the lights were flashing, and as the girl crossed the street to get onto the bus the SUV came by and hit her. Tragic. The news said it happened last year too in that same area to another girl. Parents in the area are trying to get some laws changed for bus safety.

I know in my own neighborhood, the busses only make stops every so often. We live in a small subdivision. The bus stops maybe every 10 to 15 houses or so. My house is a bus stop. There are 2 middle school kids that live 6 houses down. At 3p.m. at drop off, the bus will drive right past their home and drop them off in front of my home, then they have to backtrack and walk back to their house. No sidewalks, in the street. It is stupid. There is no reason that the bus could not take 15 seconds and drop them off at their home.