Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
Christian Mother 10:09 AM 11-10-2011
Originally Posted by auntbecca:
This is my first time posting, and this venting thread came in handy today!

When I give parents my policies to sign and a copy to keep I was under the misconception that they would actually read them. I even go over the policies with them. Especially the one about two full weeks notice of an absence or they will be charged for the scheduled day. 9 days is not two weeks notice. She is a bank teller, i assumed she could count. (Please excuse the snarkiness) Anyway when I told her how much she owes me for the week she got all crabby about having to pay for Veteran's Day because she is off work. I am not closed that day. I have two of her kids all day and one after school. I can't afford to not make her follow the same rules as my other parents. I am not getting rich off of $2 an hour! So she sent me a text and told me just so we were clear she is off every federal holiday and the kids will not be here on those days.

My husband was right, I shouldn't babysit for people I know. But in a small town, I know everybody.
What is in your phb and contract about paid holidays? Do you have anything in there about being paid regardless of whether the kids are in care or not? You might need to make a change this upcoming yr with that new policy. I ashually need to do that this yr as well. That way I am covered. Regardless as to whether the parent has a personal day or sick day what have you. If they decide to take it off and keep there child home then they will still have to pay regardless. Specially if daycare is open. She paid for that day so she always has the option to bring dck's to you....