View Single Post
Francine 02:33 AM 01-07-2011
I have an 18 month old, Mom and I decided after the first of the year we were going to start just one nap per day so that hopefully he will sleep better at night. This is our first week, the first part of the week wasn't to terribly bad, he had a meltdown period around 10 but then got over it and I was able to keep him up until 12 - 12:30. As the week has gone on it has gotten worse and worse, yesterday was one revolving tantrum. Today he is getting a 2 naps, I might shorten the morning one up a bit but we are not going to have a repeat of yesterday today. It's not fair to him, the other kids or me to have to go through that just because he's tired.

I would suggest giving your little guy the morning nap a bit earlier than you have been and maybe waking him up if he needs to sleep at the same time in the afternoon as the other kids. Does he sleep in the same room in the afternoon as the other kids? Mine can pretty much all sleep in different rooms so it doesn't matter if one is up when the others are down, I would like them to all sleep at the same time but when the littles aren't quite for nap one a day sometimes it happens.