Thread: Old School
View Single Post
Christian Mother 09:59 AM 03-07-2012
Even though I am in my mid 30's..the old ways work best for me. They learn as soon as they can start talking Please and Thank you. They hear me tell them to be patient which they understand as wait tell I am ready. We bless the meals and if they have a time out we discuss why. Each child knows that if they've had a time out that parents will be aware of it and they are ask to tell why they went to time out. Kids aren't perfect in care all the time. They need to be free to make mistakes and learn from them. I don't think it's wise to compliment a child at every turn or not tell a child "no" in fear that it will hurt their self-esteem. I would hope we are preparing our children for the REAL world. Back to basic's is what worked. It's how it works in my home. But I do see a lot of children taking over the house hold and parents losing control. Those children do not have self control. Other parents worry that if that child is aloud to treat others like that then they will teach their child in the same respect to treat others like that. It doesn't sway in my house or daycare.