Thread: Old School
View Single Post
cheerfuldom 09:59 AM 03-07-2012
I'm only 30 but I am definitely old school. Many of the "modern" parenting things that we do are actually tweaks on old OLD school methods. Like baby wearing....people think that carriers are new and trendy when actually, that is the way many of cultures and tribes cared for babies for generations. The Blackfoot Tribe stuffed moss down into the carrier for basically a diaper and then baby goes inside for however long. Anway, I digress.....

We are considered very strict by almost all our friends but actually, our kids have the most freedom than many kids. Our kids are well behaved, we can take them places without fear that they will run, be too loud, act like animals. They have been camping once we set boundaries for the camp fire. My four year old sits in church, we got o restaurants with all three of them, people actually ask US if they can babysit our kids! I take all my daycare kids to the park as a group and have many parents comment that they dont even take their one kid for fear of bad behavior.