View Single Post
hwichlaz 07:28 AM 12-29-2017
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
I guess I wasn't asking about what qualifications the therapist has to have to come to my home for my own concerns, but rather licensing. I've read several times how providers don't care for parents coming in and spending time around other peoples children, so that's why I was asking if there was a licensing rule.

The child I was referring to that is in speech therapy comes here 2 days a week for 4 hours each time, so it's not as if this child is here 50 hours a week and they can't fit their therapy in at home. If a therapist wants to see how he interacts with other children, I completely understand that. My concern is that the kids act up when someone else is here, so their play during that time is not characteristic of how they normally behave. I have offered to video tape a natural day without distractions so they can truly get an idea of how he interacts.
Some therapies have a social component where they work with the child to communicate with peers. The therapists that come into my home all have livescan/immuniztion/TB test on file with their agency, who also files those with licesensing.