Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
Christian Mother 04:42 PM 11-09-2011
Originally Posted by kayla:
Ok this has been seriously bugging me for awhile now. my husband works with one of my daycare parents. Awhile back he heard her talking to another co-worker saying "oh i never leave my kid at daycare unless i need to" well i have her child everyday for the max amount of time they seriously wait til 4:59 a min before i close to pick up their child, mind you hes already been kicked out of a daycare here in town. Well my problem is she has been off at 2:00 everyday, you think she could pick up her child who is disruptive early??? oh no... i get that you have things to do but me myself i would pick up my child to spend time with them. i've come to the conclusion she leaves him because she cannot stand him well im pregnant and they know that, even on days when i tell them hes my only kid they still dont come and pick him up until i close, im thinking im gonna start closing early on days i just have him because i know the dad doesnt work and my husband is her boss and i know she gets off at 2, any help would sure be appreciated!!! im rally starting to stress out
How long have you had this family in care? I think it's time to have a meeting with the family. Explain to them that you've noticed repeatedly that pick up is late each day. Ask them if they need more hrs. If your willing to do this set a specific fee on charge of what you already charge the family. If you really would like them to pick up early since she gets off at 2pm then tell her you have now made a change to your contract and policies that you will only care for children that are working. Since she is now off at 2pm she will need to pick up. If she wishes to use more hrs and your ok with that then put a price to it otherwise tell her no. The things is by changing she could term. or you have that choice to term if she isn't willing to pick up on time. You have couple of options really. Good Luck!