View Single Post
logged out for privacy 04:26 PM 03-26-2013
Ok. I talked to mom face to face last week...or at least i tried...she shut me up as soon as i said "i notice that dck is havin a tough time with transition to daycare"...she immediately stopped me by saying she also noticed and will have dad drop off from now on. Ok so she obviously shut me up and gave a solution to something that was obviously also bothering her...and dad drop offs are always quick and tearless so i took that as ok and i moved on... "im noticing some stress with you ad drop off...is there anything im doing that you are upset about or would like to talk about" she says "no...we love your daycare" and avoids eye contact and the conversation was basically done... So only one drop off has occurred since then. It was dcd and it was short and sweet but obviously dck is accustomed to thirty minutes of being upset and begging to leave with dcm...and so of course he cried. AS soon as dcd leaves he was done. Easy as pie...or so i thought. Mdcm sees me today at school and mention to me "dcd says he was really upset for him too...it must just be a phase"...so first of all...it seemed passive agressive to me...and there was a huge pause between the first part of the sentence that he cried...and it must just be a phase. And im sure she will now be goign back to her long drop offs by her. I dont know whether im over reacting or what...but i just feel she isnt comfortable with me...and i dont want thatvkind of relationship. Im so tired of the drama...none of my other parents act like this, none of them seem uncomfortable, i know im doing a good job. But its hard for me to bond with your child when your creating this stress every morning. Im at a loss. Im feeling very frustrated and very discouraged right now. I love all the kids, but some parents will literally make you want to close your doors and move on with life. Is this relationship past the point of no return? Do i need to just move on and say goodbye with this parent? Wwyd?