Thread: Hurricane Irma
View Single Post
284878 08:21 PM 09-19-2017
Ok, what I was going to say before I submitted too soon, was that the whole thing is a domino effect. I understand how you feel, that you were unable to use their service but yet they are still charging you. However, they will still owe their creditors and will need the fees you and others pay them to pay their creditors or they could go out of business. If they go out of business then you are without care, without care you can not go to work, if you miss to much work because you do not have care, you lose your job.

But I do get it, you most likely did not work during this time, so you did not get paid and most likely have some kind of repair to your home that is going to cost you money that you do not have.

If you really feel that you still need to talk with someone on this, I would recommend you talk with Tom Copeland. He will be able to read through your daycare contract and let you know if the daycare is illegally charging you. He is a lawyer and a member of this forum.

However, my guess is that their contract or handbook will say that can charge for that week. If this is something that you do not agree with, you can always look for other care that will not charge you in the future.