View Single Post
Preschool/daycare teacher 07:40 PM 08-18-2011
I need some really good advice. We have a 3 yr old dcg. She was always the most sweetest, loving, polite little girl you've ever met. But the last several months she's changed. And each day is worse than the day before. She bites, hits, pulls hair, slaps, kicks, pinches, spits at, etc. And not half hearted either. She goes full force, chomps down and then hangs on, biting down harder the longer she's "attached". I try my best to find positive things to say to her, but it's like she never stops. And if I get eye level with her to talk to her (or even praise her for something!), she'll do it to me. She chases the children around to hurt them, and if someone gets in her path, she does it to them, and then continues on her way to her original target. She can't be distracted once she decides to target someone and go for them. If I try to hold her back from hurting someone, she'll bite, pinch, slap, pull hair, kick, spit at, or hit ME. If I try to place her in time out, it's the same thing. And she REFUSES to do time-out by just telling her to sit down. It's a never ending thing, all day long, it seems. If she's not hurting someone, she's throwing toys everywhere and refusing to clean up, or spitting just for the fun of it, or "poking" someone just to annoy them.
Her parents can't figure it out either, but they're doing everything they can to work with us. They are very good parents, and really good with her, but she's acting like this at home too. The other children are starting to be scared of her, and one mom (of another 3 yr old) has given us "one last chance". But I love this little girl (even with her acting this way). She feels like a part of me. It hurts so much to even think of having to terminate this family. Plus they are "the perfect" family. ALWAYS pays on time, follows the policies to the letter... you know what "perfect" looks like Help?