View Single Post
AmyKidsCo 01:33 PM 01-05-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
I have found the same with my group. If I were to make a meatball sub, no one would touch it. But if I give them meatballs, bread and sauce separately they would gobble it up and ask for seconds. Everything here is "deconstructed"
Mine too! Pasta with meat sauce on the side is gobbled up - dipping the pasta in the sauce, of course. But pasta with meat sauce on top is left on the plate.

Originally Posted by laundrymom:
I don't stress over food. I cook healthy, yummy good and offer it. Either they choose to eat it or not. They're the ones who are hungry later on. and grumpy or not, they either play nicely with friends or play by themselves.
I used to worry, but finally decided that catering to their wants was only creating more frustration.
I cook. I serve. I give the opportunity to eat. When they are finished eating I remove rheir plate and move on with my day. I also only serve one serving of each meal component. They may have seconds or thirds or forths of veg when they finish their other food. My portions are big enough that no one starves.
Me too, except I offer seconds on everything. I don't offer thirds unless there's too little left over to save for my family.