View Single Post
LysesKids 09:24 AM 08-22-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Non immunized children are NOT protected by the ADA so barring a specific situation you CAN LEGALLY deny them care.

Conditions protected by the ADA are the only ones that qualify as discrimination. When a parent chooses not to immunize their child (for whatever reason) that is the parent's choice but it doesn't automatically make it illegal to deny care.

I can and do refuse to enroll a child that is not current on their immunizations.
Medical exemptions are not a choice, it's because A DR said if you do this this or this it can severely hurt or kill the kid (allergies, prior seizures, cancer etc).

Medical waivers are not given for all shots either (with a rare exception) but certain ones because of a very real issue for that particular vaccination - you can't just walk into a Dr's office and ask for a Waiver because you are against vaccinations in general.

Guess you wouldn't have enrolled me in your daycare because my children had 3 vaccinations Medically waived; the one almost killed my youngest at 2 months.