View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 01:14 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by clep View Post
Yes you are reading that right. She took a year off of work to train for the Ironman which she recently competed in. She really inspired me there to tell you the truth.

The child stays sick for long periods of time at home as she says she doesn't have the energy to fight with him to get him to nap at home and he stays moving all day to stay awake if left to his own devices. She can participate in an Ironman for 13 hours straight, but doesn't have the energy to put her child for a nap.

I think she might go back to work in the near future, but has tried numerous times in the last two weeks to leave her child with me sick while she is at home from work.
oh wow....I have done triathlons (wish I could do and Ironman) and let me tell you that it takes not only great mental strength, but great physical strength too. BUT I have to admit what it takes to do our job is neither. Our job takes patience and it looks like mom is not getting her priorities right. She should be taking the time to do what is necessary to develop the patience to deal with her child well or ill.

This really does sound like the mom that I had, but this mom did marthons at the mall, so she needed full time care for both of her children from 6am to 7:30pm daily.

I would be telling this mom to get a nice jogger and learn to be a mom.