View Single Post
daycare 08:18 PM 06-03-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
AMEN!!!! My 3 year old (and 10months... So almost 4) just fell asleep at 10pm because his daycare insists he nap for two hours every day! He doesn't nap at all on weekends and goes to bed like a charm by 8pm! I AM SO TIRED of hearing their excuses for why he has to nap!!did any of you brainiac daycare workers consider the fact that some children are napping because they aren't tired at bedtime because they are awake until 10pm, OF COURSE THEY ARE TIRED BY 12:30pm.... They only got 8 hours sleep the night before!! I do not have the option of another daycare as none in my area offer an early drop off other than this one.

BEYOND FRUSTRATED
If America only knew how sleep deprived they are all this argument wouldnt exist.

Sorry but your 4 year old who's brain, organs, immune system and the rest of his body is still growing at a rapid rate and the only things that will allow your child to do this in a healthy major is with sufficient sleep.

Perhaps you can familiarize yourself with Maslow's hierarchy of needs. The first thing on it is SLEEP, without it we would die. And without sufficient sleep we can not function with success
I'm not going to get into it and debate this. All children under 5 need naps. I'm 42 and I need naps when I miss sleep.