View Single Post
Breezy 10:00 PM 01-14-2012
I have a PT dcg (5 months) who comes 2-3 days per week from 7:30-4:30 at the latest. She comes on Saturdays and Sundays as well because I decided to be flexible as we REALLY need the money. We agreed that I would get the schedule a week in advance.

All has been well up until tonight. DCG was here from 10:00-6:00. I was already made aware she would be here later tonight and tomorrow night well in advance and approved it as I knew my husband would be here to help me with the later hours since we have an 11 month old. (Tomorrow she will be here 12:00-8:45) In my contract it states that I will allow different hours than those contracted if told in advance and I am available.

Well, I assumed that I won't have her Monday as it is already Saturday and I have yet to recieve any schedule. At about 10:30 this evening the email comes through with her schedule. Monday: 7:30am-6:30pm. 11 hours!!!!! Unless I am told in advance I assume that dcg will ONLY be here until 4:30 at the very latest. Now she is going to be here until 6:30 on a day that I already assumed I had off as I was not given a schedule until now?

That also means that she will leave at 8:45 tomorrow night and come at 7:30 the next morning!!!

I am just so upset and irritated at this and I don't know what to do as I can't lose this family. They pay a lot of money for this schedule and drive an hour or more out of their way everyday to bring her here. I am NOT a babysitter though- I will not be TOLD the hours and expected to adhere to them at such short notice. What if I had plans?

WWYD???? Please help! I know its the weekend but I pray I get some advice