View Single Post
Little Buttons 04:52 AM 07-16-2014
I agree with how you are feeling but it does ultimately come down to what you agreed to when you signed the contract. I understand that the daycare is probably using one permission slip to cover all outings and that seems very practical to me. However, as a parent, I would never agree to my child being allowed to go on a field teip without prior knowledge. It does seem odd to me that there was no schedule given, sign posted, teacher mentioning these field trips. I would be very uncomfortable not knowing where my child was at any given time in case of an emergency on your end or theirs.

I would look over your contract, speak with his teacher and director and make my decision from there. If this were me and they were not willing to inform me of field trips ahead of time I would give my appropriate notice and find another child care. To be clear, I think it is great that they are taking the children on field trips and I am not saying they are doing something wrong and if this was in your contract and agreed upon they certainly are within their rights. However, I personally would be uncomfortable with not knowing where my child was on any given day.