View Single Post
solarismoon 08:29 AM 04-12-2013
Take your child to his doctor IMMEDIATELY. tell them what you suspect and ask for a thorough exam.

If you do not trust your provider, then do not take your child back. Take a leave of absence from work or bring in a trusted family member or friend who can provide care in your home until this is resolved.

With that said, constipation, a change in diet, developmental changes and other factors could all be responsible for your son's new aversion to diapering. Constipation could cause rectal or anal bleeding and tearing, and only a medical professional can help determine if that is the cause or if there is reason for suspicion.

At the heart of it though, you must protect your child no matter what. If I ever even suspected my child was being hurt at a daycare, I would remove him first and ask questions later. Never take your child somewhere you are not comfortable with! There may be nothing bad happening to your son, and I dearly hope that is the case, but your fear and suspicion should not be dismissed.

If your child's doctor feels there is cause for concern, immediately report it to the police and licensing agency and let them do their job. Take pictures if necessary of your child's bottom and document everything you can remember.

If, however, you discover there has been no foul play, consider finding a trusted person you have known a long time to care for your child going forward, which may help ease your fears. Also consider seeing a professional to see if there is a healthy way for you to deal with your anxiety so you don't feel consumed or ruled by it. That is of course if it turns out nothing is amiss.

But please never hesitate or dismiss your instincts as a mom! Always have your child checked at his pediatrician ANY time you are unsure.