View Single Post
Unregistered 01:23 PM 05-23-2018
Thanks for your reply. I do use a three shelves cart and do similarly as you had.

My plates, forks and cups all go on the 2nd shelf. The bottom has two bins for collecting their dirties when they finish. Also, on the bottom, is where I set the milk(s) right before serving time. Top holds all the serving tools and foods. That preschool room has 20 children.

Prior to delivering that cart I use more bins to load the same items for the toddlers' room, which is down some steps and down a short hall, which usually takes two trips. The second preschool room is actually a second building, which used to be a garage in its previous life. I load more bins with everything needed and bring that out to them. That usually takes me two or three trips out to deliver. Oh, and there's a baby-turning-into-a-toddler that I make a plate for and drop off in the infant room, which is in that short hallway before the toddler room. When all's been delivered, nearly every day I "break" one of the infant teachers, where I lose 30-60mns of my prepping/planning/cleaning time. I try to make enough servings so all the teachers can eat. But I draw the line at making them plates as was originally wanted of me and tell them to fend for themselves.

I guess the biggest problem is that the second preschool room is in another building (stinks delivering and picking up later when it's a blizzard or raining), followed by the few stairs between the main preschool and the toddlers. That's why I only have one cart. I just feel like there has to be a better way, grr.