View Single Post
Evansmom 05:15 PM 04-02-2013
How long have you been open?
Almost 6 years.

How many children have you cared for?
I have only 3 daycare spots plus my son who is 5 who we home school. Total for all 6 years I have cared for 12 children. Some have aged out and gone to kinder, some have moved (3), one the mom decided to be a sahm, one I termed effective immediately and 2 I found other daycares for bc I wasn't the right fit for them. All but 1 I left on good terms, and some do drop in or periodical summer care.

What are some changes that you have made since you opened?
A lot!! I have raised rates, stopped offering meals and now just do snacks, take 3 weeks unpaid whereas at first I took none, stopped taking under 2's, I basically quit doing what caused me stress and made my life easier and more enjoyable.

What is something you did NOT change?
I haven't changed my location, hours, or most of my contract. My policies are all the same concerning illness, payment, etc.

What is your favorite part of your day?
Nap time!!! No really, I love playing with the kids but now that I have nappers again it is really nice to have that break.

And your least favorite?
I don't like diaper changing much, or potty training. Also I could do without cajoling the kids through clean up time anymore, they stall SO MUCH!