View Single Post
wdmmom 04:41 PM 05-07-2012
Originally Posted by Crazy8:
I think I understand your post.... basically, you want her maternity leave schedule and she hasn't given it to you. So go ahead and ask again but this time attach a deadline to it. Tell her you need the new schedule by May 15th or else you will assume she is keeping the 3 year old home with her during her leave. You don't say when she will be starting leave - I require my families to give me 30 days notice to any changes in their contract and then I have the option to approve or deny the changes.
Thank you. Yes, you are right. I wasn't sure if I should really ask her again.

The bottom line is: I've already asked twice. The first time she said she'd talk to DCD and get back to me. I waited almost 3 weeks before asking again and never got any response.

I know they are wanting care throughout maternity leave and I was willing to wait to change my hours until she provided the modified schedule since I know she'd be able to accommodate an earlier pick up.

I feel like if I change hours now, she will either:

A.) Ask if I will compromise and "work with her" til she goes on maternity leave. (I'm willing to wait to change the hours until the end of June, which will be very close to the time she takes maternity leave and about a week before my vacation. She is due over my vacation. Another reason I want the schedule NOW! I don't want to come back from vacation and have to deal with asking all sorts of questions. They give me the schedule now, I have plenty of time to ask questions, accept and finalize it.)

B.) Ask my daughter to watch him for the 20-30 minutes each day above and beyond my closing time. (Which I don't want her to do for the simple fact that I don't want to have the child in the house. When I'm done with work, I want to be done completely.)

C.) She will pull the child now rather than at the end of summer which would be a loss of almost $2000.