Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
Unregistered 11:09 AM 05-10-2012
Originally Posted by DCP:
Linda - while I completely feel your pain I have mixed feelings on this one. I have some clients that their child is ready..but parent is NOT! This of course is the type I assume you speak of.
There are also some children that are insanely stubborn and training is beyond difficult. I started my twin girls as soon as they could understand what the word meant. (under two!!) they were not trained FULLY until they were FOUR!!! I remember crying because here I am a childcare provider and I can not train my own kids - my oldest was not even two yet and fully trained so it was a huge challenge. Thing with kids is..when it comes to this..we have almost NO control...and they know it LOL
For the parents that I hope you are speaking of...like I said I feel for you. I have a headache of my own...Mom not ready BUT CHILD IS (child even talks about it as I have others here in training..I have attempted but can not if Mom is not on board..I need them to participate to make it happen) and then I have another, Mom is ready but child is not even close!

And lesson learned...once they start talking you HAVE to monitor your own words This alone could cause some major headaches for you down the road..so be very careful with your wording around the DC kids (even if not talking to them directly)
Thanks DCP ... for sharing your experience. Your story helped me understand. And you betcha, lesson learned!