View Single Post
MaritimeMummy 10:16 AM 08-27-2012
I am sure that there was a thread about this before but I don`t like hijacking. ;-)

I'm having some issues with my 2.5 year old DCG. She's my full-timer. She's very high energy and she's here from 7am to almost 6pm.

She's wearing me out. she's just constant stomping around, go-go-go. I mean, she's a great kid, but I am not allowed to nap her.

My issue with this is that she very obviously needs a nap. If I tell her it's quiet time, she lays down and is always the first one to fall asleep. She then sleeps longer than any of the other kids, and I have to physically wake her up. Whether I only let her sleep 30 minutes or 2 hours, the result is the same, she doesn't go to bed for her parents until anywhere between 9pm and midnight.

I don't know what to do. She gets very rascally as the day goes on if she doesn't nap. there have been times on days when I don't nap her that she just passes out. The other day at around 3pm she fell asleep in the middle of climbing up onthe couch. Seriously. Mid crawl. One leg touching the floor supporting herself. Then another day she fell asleep on the floor while playing with blocks. Both times where she passed out asleep was during the other kids' nap time. I have to nap them in different rooms away from the living room, which is the play area, because she's just too loud when she's awake.
My daughter is the oldest child, just turned 3, then this DCG is 2.5, and the other kids are between 14 months and 23 months.

Any suggestions? Her parents have been up and down with me on this and went from, "she needs something of a nap, please wake her up after 30 minutes" to "Don't let her nap at all anymore, we don't get any sleep". it's ridiculous. Suggestions?