Thread: Sippy-Cups
View Single Post
Kaddidle Care 09:11 PM 07-08-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
I use sippy cups with every child of every age with every drink.

I have the old school "the first year" cups with the single spouted lid. They don't make them any more so when my stash of lids break I will have to switch brands.

Haven't lost an ounce of milk in my whole 18 years
Oh whew! Thank you! I used them way too long with my youngest as we have a bad habit of eating dinner in the living room in front of the TV. (I know.. bad but it's just us.) I'd rather not have milk spilled on the couch.

I remember giving a friend of my oldest son one of the cups you get at a restaurant with the top and straw - the boy scoffed at the covered top so I gave in and let him have an open cup. Guess what was spilled all over my carpet? Yep, HIS cup so.. yeah, he got the covered cup with a straw next time.

The carpet's shot between the pets, kids and the worst spiller ever, my husband. I will be buying polka dotted carpet next time and maybe it will blend in.

Outlawing the cups is silly but so is putting cool aid and soda in them. So is letting the child suck on them day in and day out. Everything has a purpose and a time and what Catherder said is so true with the

"Two things I know for sure:

You can't mandate common sense.

You can't fix stupid."