Thread: Confidentiality
View Single Post
ConcernedMotherof2 07:19 AM 07-15-2009
lilbiddapopcorn, you have excellent points. The only thing I was trying to get across is that a small bit of information is due to the parents. I understand confidentiality and that DC providers need to protect their business, as any business. However, this concerns our children, the most important people in our lives. It is a sticky situation for everyone involved, but shouldn't every business have a plan when it comes to emergencies?

Yes, there are going to be parents who storm the gates when such events happen and I am not backing up their methods. I understand their feelings, as you've stated that you do as well, but mutual respect should always exist.

My comment about it seeming like it was providers against parents still stands. I'm all for passionate expression of opinion. However, it is my whole-hearted belief that we should all be working together for the good of the children. We are not dealing with products or usual business services here, we are dealing with CHILDREN. You seem to understand that and I am not trying to attack you (as a matter of fact, you seem like just the sort of provider I would want taking care of my children). I am aware that not all parents care and that way too many people complain and not enough people sing the praises of the good providers. (please excuse my half-thoughts... I'm writing this from work)