Thread: Feeling Down
View Single Post
CountryRoads 06:36 AM 06-12-2019
I'm in such a funk and am really disliking my job lately.

I have good policies and I enforce them, but I hate that I even have to enforce them. I feel like some dcp don't have respect for me or my business.

I would love to term a couple of my families, but it is so hard to find full time kids in my super tiny town and I can't afford to term them right now.

Dealing with the parents is incredibly frustrating and I have a hard time finding my backbone. I always worry about what they will think of me or say, because ya know, tiny town.

Dcm lets her children run wild and they both have fallen down our stairs several times. Hoping to solve that problem this summer by having families enter through the downstairs instead of our upstairs.

I do something nice and generous for a family, and I get taken advantage of.

I am younger than all of my dcp and I sometimes think they don't take me seriously because of it.

I have a nosy dcm who drives me crazy. She thinks she needs to know whats going on in my life and other daycare families' lives.

I'm worried that a dcm is lying to me when she said she's going back to work after having her baby and it stresses me out thinking I will have to fill a spot.

Oh, and dcd called me a babysitter yesterday

BUT, there are a lot of positives, so I need to learn to remember those when I have bad days.

Thank you for listening