View Single Post
nannyde 03:08 AM 06-08-2010
Originally Posted by QualiTcare:
i have a 1 year old who cries so of course i can't talk to him and the mom knows for sure i'm not mean to him. just today i texted a picture of him eating breakfast just as happy as could be to her within two minutes of her leaving. when she left he was screaming, snotting, the whole nine. i'm sure it made her feel better - i'd suggest doing that for any age kid.
I don't use this technique with babies that young. I think maybe a little over two is the youngest I have done it with AND it's only for kids who have been in my care for a while. About half of them start getting the upperhand at home around this age and try to bring that on over to Nan's house.

With a baby that age it is just a quick toss em in the door and do the videotaping and send plan the day you get them to quit it quickly.

I had one sib group for six years. The older one did it around twoish and we did a week or so of the outdoor plan. When the younger one started it three/four years later the Dad said "oh no ya don't. I'm not doin that again. And handed me the kid and walked back down my front sidewalk." LOL

A couple of days of just bringing him straight in with no playing into it put a stop to it really quickly. The kid learned that Daddy wouldn't come in if he was pulling any nonsense. The Dad learned it was a big fat waste of time and unnecessary. Mission accomplished.