View Single Post
QualiTcare 08:43 AM 06-08-2010
Originally Posted by nannyde:
I don't use this technique with babies that young. I think maybe a little over two is the youngest I have done it with AND it's only for kids who have been in my care for a while. About half of them start getting the upperhand at home around this age and try to bring that on over to Nan's house.

With a baby that age it is just a quick toss em in the door and do the videotaping and send plan the day you get them to quit it quickly.

I had one sib group for six years. The older one did it around twoish and we did a week or so of the outdoor plan. When the younger one started it three/four years later the Dad said "oh no ya don't. I'm not doin that again. And handed me the kid and walked back down my front sidewalk." LOL

A couple of days of just bringing him straight in with no playing into it put a stop to it really quickly. The kid learned that Daddy wouldn't come in if he was pulling any nonsense. The Dad learned it was a big fat waste of time and unnecessary. Mission accomplished.
oh yea, i wasn't talking about doing the technique. that's what i was saying - you can't do it with babies, but sending a picture text is good/easy to do - especially if you think the parent is worried that their kid is gonna be crying forever. a simple picture sent within 2-3 minutes of the kid NOT crying - whatever age - makes the parent feel better.