View Single Post
MissyMiss 06:30 AM 08-23-2017
Hi, I am a first year teacher in a daycare setting and I would love some suggestions. I found this site when I was looking for suggestions on how to get my classroom to line up without literally beating each other up, so that they could be the line leader. Line up time was always a nightmare! The bubble in their mouth, along with a duck tail worked wonders, along with me writing their names on masking tape and taping it to our walkway and changing them around every week. (sigh)

Well, I am back for more advice. I am looking for ideas on how to get the classrooms attention all at once, like for clean up time. I don't have an extremely loud voice, so I have to repeat myself a million times just to get the kids to clean up.

Also, what do you do about that child who just doesn't listen and talks back constantly, or runs away when when everyone else is eating or lining up and then kicks, hits, pinches and scratches?

I love these kids to pieces but sometimes it's so overwhelming and stressful. And the hugs really make it worth it.