View Single Post
Margarete 06:02 PM 09-09-2014
Originally Posted by itlw8:
not knowing PC words is not that huge of a deal but We also need to think about what we say. Most of us would never allow a child to call another one stupid. But to say a child is slow minded is below calling them extremely stupid. It kinda ranks with the word simple or the R word. I was not trying to be hateful But we need to think first.

And running a gifted only preschool is fine if you can get the clients. We all have our strengths and weaknesses. but name calling should not be one of our strengths.
I have an uncle who was labeled the "R" word. He had some medical issues as a baby which caused some delays. At the time the "R" word was the medically correct terminology, and included a host of different diagnosis today. Politically correct language is always changing. I think most people try to be sensitive, but don't always know the 'correct' language to use, which may vary year to year, and from person to person.

Of my grandfathers children, the "R" one was the only one who graduated high school on time, because he worked hard to do so. The others dropped out to join the military.