View Single Post
rmc20021 10:39 AM 02-02-2013
Originally Posted by melilley:
In MI you have to have a license to watch any kids who are unrelated to you, but there are always ads on CL for unlicensed childcare providers. Here unless someone reports you, the state rarely will come after you. There are not enough resources to investigate everyone. No offense if you are unlicensed and need to be, but it drives me crazy to see these people advertise when they are unlicensed, especially since it's illegal here. I put a lot of time and money into opening my in home because you are supposed to have a license. Someone around my area even put an ad on CL stating how it's illegal to run an unlicensed daycare, but people still do it. Now if it's legal to provide unlicensed care, more power to you to advertise!
That is sooooo funny....I'm in Michigan and *I* put an ad on CL regarding it being illegal to operate an unlicensed daycare in MI and what the consequences are, and the ad was removed and I was sent an email stating *MY* ad was illegal to post.

First, it drives me crazy also that unlicensed providers are allowed to advertise on there when the licenced daycares take the time and effort to follow all the guidelines to do it right, pay all the prices and fees, file taxes etc, then along comes someone who is not licensed and undercut their rates, putting the ones doing things legally out of business.

I don't know about now, but I do know years ago in order to advertise in the local newspaper you had to provide your license number or they wouldn't accept your ad.