View Single Post
kitykids3 07:56 AM 02-11-2013
1. Does (or will) your program offer field trips or outtings? If so where do you usually take them? if no, why not?
Yes, I take them out - zoo, Betty Brinn, parks, Chuck E Cheese, Domes, art museum, museum, wading pools, indoor play places etc.
If you do have field trips:

2. Are they only for certain age groups or available for all the kids in your program (even babies)?
[COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 255)"]All kiddos I take[/color]
3. Do you take your assistants or do they stay with left over children (or do they go and you stay)?
Depends on the trip and if my assistant is here. If I only have 5 kids or less that can fit in the van than they all go and she comes with if she is here. If we take walks, she comes. If I have more than 5 kids, then she stays with the younger ones and I take the older ones.
4. If you assistant does go with you, do you pay for your assistants or do your assistance pay? Can they bring their kids/family? If so, do they have to pay for them too?
Usually there is no charge if they come (I usually get a yearly pass that will include 2 adults). If there is, then the business pays for it. No their family does not get to come. She is here to work, help me, not have a fun day.
5. Do the parents pay for field trip fees/transportation or do you offer it for free? Do they have to be responsible for only their own children or a small group of daycare kids?
I usually offer for free unless we are going to one of the indoor play places that charges like $7 per kid. Then I'll pass some or all of that cost onto the parents depending on my financial situation at the time. None of them care to occasionally pay.
6. Do you provide transportation or do the parents (meet them there)? Do you walk, drive, take a bus?
The parents don't go. I take them, in my minivan
7. Do you let parents volunteer? Do you have any rules they need to follow? Do they need to pay for any admission fees or transport their child and themselves?
I've never had a parent volunteer or come along, they're working.
8. Do you allow kids to go on field trips that are on days that they are not normally in your daycare? If so do they need to pay extra (for the day)? Or does their parent have to attend with them and transport themselves?
No I don't. My field trips are for who I have in care that day. That is usually what determines when and where we go on field trips.
9. If most of the parents sign up for a field trip but one or two do not, than do you provide alternative care (a sub/assistant/recommend another provider) or do they need to find alternative care (if so do they still pay you for the day)? Do you cancel?
I've never had a parent say no to a field trip. All of them love that I offer and take their kids out. If it was something I really wanted to do that day, then I would tell them they'd either have to let their child come along or keep them home.
10. Do you only offer field trips for parents that are fully paid up on their regular child care payments?
They don't even get child care unless they are paid in advance.