View Single Post
Blackcat31 12:31 PM 12-05-2013
Originally Posted by Nikkisomething:
My OT rates are $5 for every 1/2 hour portion they are here beyond their contracted hours. This is pretty standard for the other DC homes in my area.

She just doesn't seem to get it. I have explained to her (until I was blue in the face) that most people work 40 hours a week, if they work overtime, they get overtime pay. I work 50+ hours a week and don't get overtime. She huffed and said that maybe I should have thought about that before starting a daycare!
I have done daycare for 6 years now and have never dealt with a snarky mom like this!
Oh hell no!!

She should of thought about your policies BEFORE signing and agreeing to them.

Holy moly...I would have a hard time not saying something to her.

If I were you, I would stop explaining anything and just say "Here is my rate sheet. This is the way it is because this is MY business. If you don't like it or can't make it work for you, then I will consider this your two week notice."

Bet she will scramble to stay...especially if you are already on the lower end of rates. If you want, you can see my rate sheet and how I bill. I bet she wouldn't like mine then either.

I know you can't not take parents that do this (leave their kid in care for soooo long everyday) but you CAN make it worth YOUR while. ..kwim?

btw, I am also in MN.