View Single Post
daycarediva 11:32 AM 11-18-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
We have a help line for any question we need to clarify or ask to DHS. I submitted the following:

"If an unwed mother gives me a written statement saying I cannot allow her child's biological father to pick up the child, can I legally deny access?"

This is DHS's response:

"Family Child Care providers may not deny a parent access to their child. Court documents must be present on site and provided for any child within a custody or parental dispute. If necessary call 911."

Here is the link to ask DHS...you can ask them yourself.

http://www.dhs.state.mn.us/main/idcp...ame=DHS-285366

BC- great minds! I sent an email to my registrar and she said the same thing. We CANNOT deny access to the father, even if he isn't on the authorized pick up list. I was told to call 911 if I felt inclined with assistance, or if I had never met the father and wanted to verify his identity before releasing the child.

Family court appoints a free guardian ad litem. You can go to court without an attorney. If there IS evidence of the father being unfit, the court will see it. I have had many custody issues and never once has a mother ever paid a dime.