View Single Post
Scout 12:24 PM 07-23-2013
Originally Posted by craftymissbeth:
Maybe I'm misreading what everyone has said, but why would you wait until a fever is already at a dangerous level? 104.5 is only 1.5 degrees away from the 106! I would think if 106 is the point where the brain begins to shut down you would want to take action before it got to that point.
I'm guessing if it happens in the middle of the night and you don't know you have a child with one. When ds's was 105.5 it was mid day and he was on tylenol. I also agree that how they are acting is telling of how sick they are. He was acting fine the day before with the fever of 104.6 and that responded quickly to meds. He didn't act crabby until right before it peaked at 105.5. I thought he had strep as he was saying "mouf hurt". None of us are saying we wait until 104.5, the drs. are saying not to worry if it's under 106. Crazy! I end up taking my kids a few times a year for fevers over 104 to ER because you know it always happens in the middle of the darn night!! and I always think it's too close to the bad levels!